We are leading a search for a Business Development Manager for the oil and gas segment of a financial services company based in Houston. The client has focused this search on candidates who have a background in energy lending with an intimate knowledge and relationships within the Oil and Gas industry.
This individual will be responsible for managing an existing portfolio of Plugging and Abandonment (P&A) guarantees for Oil and Gas customers located in the Gulf of Mexico and on-shore in the U.S. This individual will also be responsible for developing qualified leads and growing the business.
- Conduct credit analysis on corporate guarantors.
- Conduct analysis of oil and gas reserves with particular attention to SEC data, Reserve Reports and other third party data sources.
- Perform credit surveillance on existing accounts to anticipate credit-quality deterioration.
- Provide proper documentation of corporate guarantees and collateral, if applicable, associated with each customer.
- Maintain market presence in Texas and surrounding states in the O&G space with a deep understanding of the reputation and background of key O&G corporates, management teams and reserve basins.
- Manage workouts with financially-challenged customers via improvement in terms and conditions or monitor reorganization proceedings to assure a smooth transition through Chapter 11, if applicable.
- Provide monthly exposure reporting to Surety Risk Management.