Help to meet the ever increasing global demand for energy.
Our Oil & Gas Pipeline Engineers jobs will offer you an exciting opportunity to help our clients design, build and maintain oil and gas pipeline systems worldwide. As a Pipeline Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the technical aspects of projects that include design, planning and project coordination.
Our Pipeline Engineers:
• Provide high quality work products and engineering solutions to our pipeline project portfolio.
• Capable of designing and specifying launching and receiving facilities and associated equipment.
• Develop piping specifications, make material selections, coordinate alignment sheet generation, review and check alignment sheets for technical content including complete integration of survey, environmental, material, profile and reference data.
• Pipeline desktop routing including assessment of different crossing options such as HDDs or bores, coordinate HDD plans and profiles, support permitting efforts, and have a working knowledge of corrosion control of pipelines.
• Execute the technical scope of work, schedules, quality, and budgets for the assigned project elements.
• Monitor progress to maintain schedules and budgets as you coordinate and work with other disciplines, project managers and directly with our clients.
• Assist in the development of class location studies, hydrostatic test schematics, pipe stress calculations, mainline valve spacing, hydraulic calculations/modeling, and site specific drawings or plans (i.e. road crossings, railroad crossings).
• Perform hydraulic analysis (liquid and gas) with industry standard software (Synergee, Caesar II (stress analysis), Stoner SPS, Pipephase, Pipeline Toolbox, etc.). (Surge analysis capability a plus.)
• Participate in the development of technical specifications for materials, construction and assist in development of Total Install Cost estimates.
• Provide technical support during construction and are experienced in applicable industry codes and regulations such as ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8, CFR 192 and 195, CSA Z662, etc.
• Interact with survey, permitting, environmental, construction management, and ROW acquisition activities.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Possess an outgoing and positive attitude, are dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work.
• Participate in achieving a Target Zero safety plan for the office.
• BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Petroleum engineering, or closely related engineering field
• At least 2 years of Oil and Gas pipeline engineering experience
• Possess technical understanding and working knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations such as ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8, CFR 192 and 195, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced with the different phases or life cycle of pipeline installation to include Front End Loading, Project Execution, Construction, Startup, and Closeout.
• Technical understanding of CSA Z662
• Experience with liquid and gas hydraulic analysis software such as Stoner SPS, Synergee, Fathom/Arrow, Pipephase, etc.
• Surge analysis and system evaluation
CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc.) to fill this position.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws