Mississauga, Ontario (CA-ON)JOB NUMBER:
Reporting to the senior coordinator, supply accounting, you will be responsible for accounting-related activities impacting our eastern and western Canadian supply regions as well as our Denver refined products supply.Key Accountabilities
- Perform various product supply reconciliations and accruals
- Carry out jet and unfinished product billings and reconciliations
- Prepare various reports to support the business, including ad hoc analysis and regulatory reporting
- Record intercompany and third party refinery sales
- Track and validate liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) volumes for our Denver refinery
- Perform accounting for benzene, biodiesel and environmental credits for our Denver refinery
- Calculate and record monthly payroll accruals for our Denver refinery
- Perform various general ledger account reconciliations
Experience and Education:
- Three or more years of accounting experience (hydrocarbon accounting experience is preferred)
- Three or more years of oil and gas industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor degree, preferably in accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (legacy CA, CMA, or CGA) is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills with advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Proficiency in SAP, particularly experienced in the Sales and Distribution (SD) and Materials Management (MM) modules
- Knowledge of accounting transactions, such as journal entries, financial statement analysis and general ledgers
- You are deadline driven and have strong attention to detail
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to facilitate cross-functional working meetings
- You will work from an office-based position located in Mississauga
- You will be required to meet various deadlines including month-end, quarter-end and year-end, which may require you to work extended hours periodically
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals