Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)JOB NUMBER:
Are you a certified Millwright, looking to join our Fort Hills maintenance integration team? In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the maintenance and operations of the Fort Hills assets by performing predictive and preventative maintenance activities safely, efficiently, and to a high quality to ensure optimum reliability and availability.Key Accountabilities
- Conduct inspections, repairs, equipment overhauls, and preventative maintenance in a workshop and support all industrial machinery and mechanical equipment (full-time in the field and occasionally in the workshop)
- Review and apply a continuous improvement mindset to safe work practices, procedures, and standards to ensure safe and reliable work execution and to look for opportunities
- Perform tasks including equipment alignment, troubleshooting (turbines, fans, blowers, bearings, seals, hydraulics, etc.)
- Operate a variety of rigging and lifting equipment
- Actively participate in post event failure analysis and root cause discussions, and contribute to developing solutions
- Ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position
- Read blueprints, diagrams, maintenance manuals and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
Experience and Education:
- 10 or more years of experience working as a Millwright in heavy industrial environments
- Two or more years of machining experience
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Millwright Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Millwright Certificate; attach your Journeyman / Red Seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge and application of technical requirements and quality standards and a strong understanding of maintenance and operations
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret equipment specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables, or study sample parts
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems
- An exceptionally strong safety and environmental mindset: proven safety training, knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and environmental standards and guidelines
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- Start date: January/February 2017
- This position has been identified as being safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site The shift schedule is a seven days on/seven days off rotation (you must be able to work nights and overtime as required)
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting (50 lbs), use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers, with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
- You also must be able to wear a respirator on occasion
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
About Fort Hills
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor's private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators