Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)JOB NUMBER:
Are you a certified Electrician looking for a new opportunity to work on our Fort Hills site? Reporting to the supervisor, utilities maintenance electrical and instrumentation, you will be responsible for supporting the maintenance and operations of the Fort Hills assets by performing maintenance activities safely, efficiently and to a high quality to ensure optimum reliability and availability.Key Accountabilities
- Execute maintenance activities including installation, troubleshooting and repairs to industrial control systems and devices, ensuring quality, reliability and availability ( equipment includes electrical safety systems, switchgear, transformers, motors, generators, medium-voltage variable frequency drives, and Programmable Logistics Codes (PLCs) for large industrial systems up to 13.8KV)
- Follow strict electrical safe work practices as defined by our Suncor standards, the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) and Z462 standard
- Perform hands-on commissioning and startup of utilities systems, including construction walk downs
- Participate actively in post-event failure analysis and root cause discussions and contribute to developing sound, cost-effective solutions
- Ensure that preventative maintenance standards and guidelines are adhered to for all work
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate records associated with technical issues and preventative maintenance aspects of this position
- Review and apply a continuous improvement mindset to safe work practices, procedures and standards to ensure safe and reliable work execution
- Maintain clear and concise field notes to be logged and passed onto other parties
Experience and Education:
- Five or more years of post-apprenticeship maintenance experience working in a heavy industrial process environment involving power generation and/or fluid systems
- Commissioning and startup experience is considered an asset
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Certificate in the Electrical trade; attach your Journeyman / Red Seal ticket with your application to be considered
- Two year Technologist diploma is considered an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge and application of technical requirements and quality standards
- Strong understanding of maintenance and operations and the ability to work in a multi-skilled environment
- Proficient in reading and interpreting equipment specifications, equipment manuals, engineering drawings (especially single-line drawings), and equipment data sheets
- Strong working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems
- Proven strong safety and environmentally-conscious mindset
- You collaborate effectively with Operations and other trades in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- Start date: January/February 2017
- This position has been identified as being safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on / seven days off rotation involving day and night shifts
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
About Fort Hills
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor's private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators