Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)JOB NUMBER:
Reporting to the shift supervisor, tailings, you will be responsible for the safe operating and monitoring of the tailings assets. Keeping in line with our strong commitment to safety, you will ensure that safety policies and procedures are being followed by all personnel, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and the Hazardous Energy Isolation (HEI) maintenance of equipment during operations.Key Accountabilities
- Adhere to safety and environmental requirements
- Drive the fine tailings corridor, inspecting rotating equipment, pipelines, booster pump houses, and floating water pump assets and ensure that any issues are brought to the attention of the Shift Supervisor
- Operate tailings heavy equipment (cell dozer)
- Complete the operator log tool and checks, and communicate significant changes
- Prepare equipment for maintenance and commission new equipment and systems
- Provide direction to maintenance and contract personnel performing maintenance and other operational duties during the assigned shift
- Maintain housekeeping in the assigned area at a high level
- Ensure that shift change is well communicated
Experience and Education:
- Two or more years of experience as a tailings operator
- Additional two or more years of in a heavy oil processing plant is preferred
- Experience operating mechanical equipment such as pumps, light plants and hydraulic power units would be an asset
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic computer literacy
- Strong proven safety and environmental mindset
- Ability to work in a team environment and make timely decisions associated with process upsets
- Strong troubleshooting skills would be an asset
- Ability to adhere to procedures - you do not take or tolerate shortcuts and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
- Start date: January/February 2017
- This position has been identified as being safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule will be a rotation of seven days on, seven days off
- Physical requirements: ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- You will be working outside in a challenging environment
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
About Fort Hills
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor's private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators