Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)JOB NUMBER:
Reporting to the maintenance supervisor, you will be critical in servicing, repairing, and manufacturing a variety of plant equipment such as various types of valves, pumps, process equipment and mining equipment.Key Accountabilities
- Safely maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, e.g. valves, pumps, compressors and mining equipment (full-time in the shop and occasionally in the field)
- Assist other maintenance trades and/or production technicians as required
- Perform dynamic/static balancing on rotating equipment
Experience and Education:
- Eight or more years of experience working as a machinist in a maintenance/repair/manufacturing environment
- Experience with lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, radial arm drills, boring mills, and working in an industrial plant
- Experience with both manual and computer numerical control (CNC) lathes is preferred
- Field machining experience would be considered an asset
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Machinist Certificate or a Red Seal Interprovincial Journeyman Machinist Certificate; attach your Journeyman / Red Seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven safety training and exceptional safety record
- A solid understanding of industrial equipment repair requirements and the ability to troubleshoot equipment failures
- Experience with and application of quality programs
- Ability to work to tight tolerances
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- Start date: January/February 2017
- This position has been identified as being safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on/ seven days off rotation and you must be willing to work nights and overtime when required
- Within this role, from time to time you will be asked to work outdoors
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
About Fort Hills
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor's private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators