Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)JOB NUMBER:
Reporting to the maintenance supervisor, tailings, you will be responsible for installing, repairing and fabricating materials to ensure availability and functioning of required items to support the Fort Hills Oil Sands business. You will be required to work both in the field and in the shop.Key Accountabilities
- Fabricate in the shop using the prints and drawings provided
- Respond to field support needs
- Communicate updates to your supervisor to ensure goals will be met
- Provide preventative maintenance support in the shop
- Assist with essential rigging in the field and pipeline bolt ups
- Work with welding inspectors to examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Evaluate and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
Experience and Education:
- Five or more years of experience with large bore piping, production fitting, custom fabrication and rigging are all assets
- Experience with CMT tandem twin, watts miter elbow, automated cutting machine, automated pipe overlay machine
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Welder Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Welder Certificate; attach your Journeyman / Red Seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- ABSA certified B Pressure Welder
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in some or all of the following: Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Oxy Acetylene (OAC), Metal Inert Gas (MIG), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC), Sub Arc, Automation/ Pipe Trains
- A self-starter with demonstrated ability to make sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong focus on quality and collaboration with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Start date: January/February 2017
- This position has been identified as being safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on/ seven days off rotation
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and work in a cold / hot weather environment (often in remote locations) as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
About Fort Hills
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor's private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators