To perform all revenue related functions for the sale of oil and gas production from the unitized tertiary recovery field in our Four Corners Business Unit and for non-operated assets.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process the monthly oil and gas sales distributions and submit monthly revenue statements to owners.
- Calculate theoretical allocations for use in the distribution of gas, natural gas liquids, and condensate sales related to the Aneth Gas Gathering System.
- Perform dual accounting procedures for premium pricing of gas, natural gas liquids, and condensate sales for Indian royalty purposes.
- Calculate, report, and distribute royalty for a Net Profits Interest (NPI).
- File royalty reports using the Office of Natural Resources Revenue (ONRR) online application for Federal, Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), Premium Pricing and NPI royalties.
- Prepare monthly revenue accruals for month end close.
- Perform Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls related to pricing verifications, revenue processing reconciliations, and general ledger account reconciliations for month end close.
- Calculate, report, and pay monthly, quarterly and annual taxes for Utah Severance, Conservation, and State Withholding and Navajo Nation Severance.
- File and pay Possessory Interest Taxes and Utah Ad-Valorem Taxes.
- Calculate Enhanced Oil Recovery and Stripper Well credits.
- Record journal entries to bill non-operated working interest owners for revenue related expenditures.
- Prepare wire transfers and check requests for royalties, taxes, etc.
- Process monthly oil and gas sales revenue for non-operated assets.
- Respond to audit requests and inquiries from internal, external, Navajo Nation, Federal and State auditors and/or any other agency engaging the company in an audit.
- Assist with the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of policies and procedures for designated area.
- Maintain a filing system for accounting records.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Meet demanding deadlines.
- Use computer applications including spreadsheets, databases, and computerized ERP accounting systems.
- Effective, clear and concise communication, both orally and in writing.
- Basic, routine and advanced accounting theory, principles and practices.
- Company, federal and state policies, regulations and procedures.
- Balance and reconcile accounts following accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain and manage accurate accounting records.
- Resolve accounting problems within accounting policies, rules and regulations.
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum seven years oil & gas revenue accounting experience required.
Experience with Unitized fields a plus.
Experience with Indian royalties a plus.